Hi there! I am Melissa Currence. I’m a writer from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
I love writing. Don’t you?
I have a couple writing projects in the works. I blog here at MelissaCurrence.com about writing and poetry. I also write at StubbyCurrence.com.
Tethered is my first collection of poetry. I’ve been published a few places, including Ohio State Alumni Magazine, Cincy Magazine and bustedhalo.com. I have placed in a few award competitions: Frontiers in Writing Contest, Poetry Society of Virginia, English Club of Xavier University and Inktank/Cincinnati CityBeat. I’ve attended a few writing conferences including Tribe Conference and Antioch Writers’ Workshop.
What I write
I write poetry and essays mostly. But I also love to write fiction.
I’m obsessed with journaling. I call it survival writing. Here is picture of all my journals I’ve kept over the years.
What I believe
- I believe you and me both have talent. Seriously. We can do this (whatever it is)!
- I believe in your right to vote, so I’m active with the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area and as the Ruth S. Shur Fellow with the League of Women Voters of the United States.
- I believe in the collective wisdom of the past.
- I believe you and me can make the future better.
- I believe the intersection of opposites creates something beautiful
What you can do
Thank you for checking out my website! I’d love to connect with you.
- Subscribe to my newsletter! I’ll share writing prompts, book reviews, cool writing nuggets with you.
- Subscribe to my Stubby Currence Project Newsletter! StubbyCurrence.com is my family history blog, where I delve into the writing of my grandpa, V.L. “Stubby” Currence.
- Find me on social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat at currencem.
- Contact me!