Your vote is your voice! Make sure you’re registered to vote and you’ll be able to vote Tuesday, Nov. 3.
In 2008, 6 million Americans didn’t vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn’t know how to register. In 2015, we want to make sure no one is left out. On September 22, 2015, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” for National Voter Registration Day.
This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities–allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters who we could not reach otherwise.
If you are already registered to vote but have moved within Ohio and/or changed your name, you must update your voter registration. Click here to learn how to update your voter registration.
In Hamilton County, Ohio, you can:
- Check if you are registered.
- Find out if you are registered.
- You can download the voter registration form.
- You can update your registration with a new name or address.
Nonpartisan voting information for Ohio is available at SmartVoter.org, a Web site managed by the League of Women Voters. Here you can get candidate and issue information. You can also get a sample ballot. Remember you’ll see eight presidential tickets on the Ohio ballot. Here is a list of all presidential tickets, including write-ins.
Other links for voters in Ohio:
- Find your county in Ohio on SmartVoter
- See if you are you registered in Ohio (Ohio Sec. of State)
- Find your polling place in Ohio (Ohio Sec. of State)
- Information about what ID is needed at the polls
Hamilton County is fully participating on SmartVoter with candidate and issue information for county offices and city and village issues.
Highlights on SmartVoter for Hamilton County:
- Hamilton County SmartVoter website
- Cincinnati Issue 7 (red light cameras)
- Cincinnati Issue 8 (proportional representation)
- All ballot issues in Hamilton County
Find more information about voting and elections in Southwest Ohio at the League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area.
Ohio, you’re so fun, especially during election time. I know I’m in the minority, but I have been enjoying the flurry of mostly local campaign ads and direct mailers in this final gasp of the election season.
I can contribute this euphoria to three personal and selfish items:
- I’ve been able to avoid all robo-calls…so far.
- My volunteer project with the Cincy League of Women Voters’, (the production of the printed and electronic versions of the candidate/issues guides) is complete. I do love the sound of 100,000 copies of the Who & What hitting the pavement around town.
- My absentee ballot has returned to its mother ship at the Board of Elections.
So for me, its all over but the shoutin’ and the countin’. In celebration, I’ve created an Ohio playlist to inspire during this final week of election mania (Listed by song, artist and website to listen).
- Carmen Ohio by Ohio State Marching Band (OSU Mp3)
- Ohio by Crosby Stills Nash & Young (YouTube with history clips )
- Down on the Banks of the Ohio by Blue Sky Boys (YouTube)
- Look at Miss Ohio by Gillian Welch (Last.fm)
- Cincinnati, Ohio by Connie Smith (YouTube. Ain’t she cute?)
- South of Cincinnati by Dwight Yoakam (YouTube. This is really about Kentucky but I love any song with Cincinnati in it)
- Ohio by Over the Rhine (YouTube)
- Hang On Sloopy by Ohio State Marching Band (OSU Mp3)
- Ohio from “Wonderful Town” (Passionato)
Any other suggestions?